Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Olabelhe Spring Sample Sale Event!




As I'm sure many of you can imagine, over the past several years I have created more dress/outfits than I can count. I use these samples to photograph my designs and share them with you on my blog for inspiration and to spark your imagination. After the photographs are taken all these samples find their way into Abby's closet, my closet, our laundry room, or wherever I can find space for them and to be honest. . . they are kind of taking over our house. So, I need to find new homes for as many of them as possible. I have thought and thought about the different ways to offer them and after much consideration I am going to try something new. It's a bit daunting because I am not terribly familiar with it, but I am going to give FaceBook a whirl. I have not spent much time there mainly due to the lack of time in my day but from what I have heard it's an amazing tool to spread the word quickly about something and get a lot of people excited. Therefore it seems like a great option. Here's my plan! I would like to try to auction off one dress/outfit everyday and slowly start to clear out out over stuffed closets. Keep in mind all of the samples have only been worn for photos and nothing else, so they are in perfect condition. Starting this Friday April 19th, 2013 I will list one dress/outfit on my Facebook page. If all goes as planned I will list it early in the morning. Along with a photo I will also provide measurements of the garment that is up for auction and if I have featured this garment on my blog I will also include a link to that blog page so you can see additional photos as well as more info about it. I will start each auction with an opening bid and then if you are interested it's up to you to bid on it. But in order to avoid anyone being confused or unhappy I have set up a few guidelines to avoid any stress, and they are as follows:

* Please understand that these are all one-of-a-kind, couture samples created by me in my studio. There is only one, and I will not be able to create any more in different sizes.

*All auctions will run for a set number of hours to give everyone an opportunity to bid on an item if they are interested. This includes all my International customers. 

* If you decide to bid on an item please bid only in $5.00 USD increments. This will make it easier for people to see the progress without having to scroll forever to get to the end. Please include your bid amount as well as your PayPal address.

* At the end of each auction I will send a PayPal invoice to the highest bidder and they will have 12 hours to send their payment in.

* I will only be accepting payment via PayPal for these auctions.

* If the highest bidder does not pay, it will then go to the next highest bidder and so on.

* All sales are final and I will not accept returns, so before you bid please make sure the it will fit the little girl you have in mind.

* Shipping will be an additional cost and I will be using USPS Flat rate mailing boxes to ship all items. I am happy to ship Internationally, but please keep in mind any and all fees associated with that are the buyers responsibility.

* If you have a question about an item please feel free to email me at Dawn@Olabelhe.com and I will make every effort to answer you quickly to help in your decision making.

* A portion of each sale will go into a special fund and at the end of this event we will be sending a donation to the World Wildlife Fund in order to help in Abby's desire to save endangered animals.




* During this sales event most of the samples will be in the size 5- size 10 range and will vary daily so check back each day to see what's new.

Many of my iconic Olabelhe dresses will be going up for auction. Including some very special ones which have been featured on pattern covers as well as in magazines. Each day will bring a new surprise and possibly a dress/outfit that you would like to call your own.

Please help me spread the word by sharing this with your friends and family. Post it on your Facebook page, tweet about it, share it on your blog, etc. etc. The more people that know about this the more successful we will be in finding new homes for all these dresses.



Here's a link to my Facebook Page

Dawn



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin