Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Holy Boxes Batman!!!





This morning my new kitchen arrived! 173 boxes worth, Oi! What were we thinking! Because I am such a huge Ikea fan we decided to redo our entire kitchen in Ikea. So, after days of planning and several trips back and forth up to DC, which is about a 2.5 hour trip one way, it's is all starting to come together. Currently my studio is kitchen building central as everything that was in there has been displaced to various other locations in our house. Can you say complete chaos! Ole and I will be very busy for the next few days while we try to make sense of all these gazillion boxes and put together all of our new cabinets. I just keep telling myself "think of it as Lego for grown ups". We are not completely insane, we have hired contractors to install it all and they are anxious to get started as soon as possible. So, after weeks of destruction things are really starting to happen now. It's going to be a very hectic and exciting week or so as my vision all starts to come together. This has been such an educational experience trying to coordinate everyone and everything to fall into place just perfectly and knock on wood it's all going perfectly so far. Maybe I should consider a new career...just kidding. Although this has been a lot of fun and stress, I don't think I would want to do this on a regular basis.

Wish us luck and stay tuned for more news and sneak peeks into our renovation.

Dawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin