Sunday, March 4, 2012

Eight


Abby was 6 months old in this photo. 
Dearest Abigail,

Today is your eighth Birthday. I've spent the early morning hours going through hundreds and hundreds of photos of you and reminiscing about these wonderful years you've been in our lives. I'll never forget that moment when I went for my "big" ultrasound and my Dr. told me you were a girl! I was so excited, I couldn't wait to dress you up and have tea parties with you and have an amazing mother-daughter bond that I had dreamt about my whole life. I spent the next few months preparing for your arrival and shopping for "pink"! Oh, my goodness pink pink pink! I can't tell you how much fun that was. After having two boys and only being able to buy boy things it was heavenly to finally be able to fill your closet with the prettiest things I could find. From the moment you were born you have been one very well dressed little girl! But way beyond that you have brought us endless joy. Your big heart, wicked sense of humor, and unending supply of the biggest smiles. You have filled all of our lives with more happiness than you will ever know. Spending everyday at home with you has been a dream come true. I love your creative spirit, which is so much like mine. Your amazing love for animals, story-telling, artistic endeavors, silliness, and never ending imagination. We are so much alike and it has been pure pleasure watching you grow up. I just wish it would slow down. You are turning into such an amazing young lady and even though it's so much fun to watch you grow  I can't help but want to stop time and just keep you like this a little longer. Something, I'm sure most moms feel. Today, your Birthday wish was no surprise to us. A day at the National Zoo in Washington D.C.. A place where you will be amongst your most favorite things. . . your animals friends! I have never known a child who has so much love and compassion for all animals and I know that one day you will go on to great things in the animal kingdom. Everyday you tell us about your plans to save endangered animals and work to save their environments and I know you will. I am so looking forward to today and everyday I have with you. You are my inspiration and the entire reason for Olabelhe, without you none of this would exsist! Thank you so much for all the happiness you bring to our lives! We love you more than you will ever know. Happy Birthday!

Mommy

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Happpy Birthday Abby!!!!
Dawn we raised three boys and finally after many years I have two granddaughters. Oh what fun! Dont get me wrong I love my boys and I am pretty sure I am a boy mom at heart but dig just a little deeper and the sweet girl spot is there and loving watching these precious girls grow! Oh what a Joy!
ENJOY

Laurie said...

All the teds and I wish you a happy birthday and a congratulations to your parents!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin