Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Autumn in Virginia











Autumn has arrived here in Williamsburg and Abby and I just needed to be a part of it this morning. So, we packed up and went to one of our favorite spots that Abby calls "Abby's Meadow" for a quick photo shoot and more than anything to play in the leaves. The entire time, all I could think was that this looked like a scene out of one of our favorite books "Anne of Green Gables".  Abby is wearing "Cassie's Dress" one of the next patterns to be arriving in the shop any day now. This dress is very similar to "Abigail's Pinafore" with the exception that this one is made from one fabric and has the addition of a ruffle. I just love the old fashioned charm of this little cross front dress has and it works perfectly with a pretty blouse underneath. Plus, Abby wanted me to let you know that this one is really comfortable and perfect for running, jumping, skipping and playing in the leaves.

Oh, and I know I am going to receive a bunch of emails about the hat. Isn't it adorable!! Well, it's a true antique and it's classic Buster Brown Children's hat. I found it in one of my favorite antique shops near Richmond and it was a must have. I have just been waiting for the perfect opportunity for Abby to wear it and today was the day.


Dawn

1 comment:

Goosegirl said...

Oh Dawn, you were right! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this and the photos of Abby are wonderful. The leaves are beautiful!!
And I am crazy about that fabric too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin