Thursday, September 15, 2011

Catching Up


Sorry, I have been so quiet for the past week. I have just been so busy catching up with everything. I haven't really had much time to come up for air. My sewing room has just been humming and there are dresses everywhere. Seriously, in the past week or so I have sewn over 15 new outfits! Not to worry, you will get to see some of them soon enough, but some you will have to wait a bit longer for. This week has also brought a house full of kids with end of summer colds. Lots of sniffles and stuffy noses along with sore throats and low grade fevers. So, I have been spending a fair amount of time snuggling with unhappy kiddos too. At their request I even made a big pot of cure-all homemade chicken soup to "make it better" . . . amazing how that actually works! The colds are now beginning to fade and my plan is to take Abby out this weekend to start taking photos. The great news is that the temps are supposed to start dropping which puts a huge, and I do mean huge smile on my face. Yesterday out came all our Autumn decor and the vanilla and cinnamon candles started filling the house with my favorite smells. Autumn is on the way.... now to leave you with a great and classic recipe from one of my favorites, Ina Garten.

Chicken Noodle Soup
(Barefoot Contessa at Home)

1 whole (2 split) chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
olive oil
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 quarts homemade chicken stock 
1 cup medium-diced celery 
1 cup medium diced carrots
2 cups wide egg noodles 
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred or dice the chicken meat.
Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot and add celery, carrots, and noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are cooked. Add the cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat through.
Season to taste and serve.

Dawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin