Thursday, October 7, 2010

" Purely" Abby!







I cannot tell you how much fun I had creating with the latest fabric collection from Sweetwater called "Pure". I just fell in love with the rich chocolate browns, cappuccinos, blues and cream and as soon as it arrived I couldn't wait to start "playing" with it. I created a "Cecily" pinafore, a double layer skirt trimmed out with vintage cream crocheted lace and then made Abby an adorable little hooded vest from some chocolate baby wale cord and then lined it with Moda's snuggle in cream. I had so much fun making this little vest I decided to make try something new by rolling all the edges and then hand sewing them to give the appearance of kind of a faux sherpa look...not sure if it looks very much like sherpa, but I really like the way it turned out and Abby fell in love with it!

Dawn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought it was sherpa! I love seeing the things you create! I've got most of your patterns, and I hope that I get the courage to jump in and try making something fabulous too!

organicmommy said...

Absolutely adorable!! I can't believe how grown up Abby is looking.
Those fabrics are so adorable and I love the boots to go with the outfit!

Beth said...

Love the vest! Congrats on the WWC feature too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin