Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Little Slice Of Heaven was "Through The Garden Gate"





















Today was another perfect day of treasure hunting and antiquing. We happened to stumble upon the most magical shop I think I have ever seen called "Through The Garden Gate" located in the countryside around Richmond. Absolutely charming from the outside but once you were through the front doors it was like walking into another world, it honestly took my breath away. Everything was beautifully arranged and pure eye candy...I wanted to bring the entire shop home! The owner much like myself has a special love of vintage laces and trims and I instantly started filling my arms with these gorgeous antique laces to bring home. I slowly walked through the shop and fell more in love with each and every step and was inspired beyond belief. Everything in the shop was all in winter whites and cream, shabby chic accessories and furniture, antiques, and so much more. I could have stayed there for hours just exploring but sadly at some point we did have to leave to go find lunch. We said goodbye to Through The Garden Gate...but I can't wait to go back. However, until then I have yards and yards of beautiful antique laces and trims to play with...just imagine the possibilities! 

Once again...I apologize for the less than perfect photos taken with my iPhone. I really need to start bringing my good camera with me on the little adventures because you just never know when you are going to stumble upon a real treasure!

Dawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin