Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who Said You Can't Look Cute When Doing Housework?







June Cleaver would be so proud!

I ordered a bunch of fabric from the "Simply Sweet" collection from Terri at FF&L a few weeks ago and I have been having so much fun playing with these adorable prints. Abby fell in love with them too and we had so much fun planning this dress together. I made a classic dress, petticoat and all, but then added the precious apron detail on it. Believe it or not the apron is part of the dress. This fabric just screamed to be made into a cute little retro apron and then I paired up with the bright red polka dots for these results...I think I need to make myself a matching apron. Almost makes you want to go put a roast in the oven and bake some cookies...doesn't it?

4 comments:

Sarahnthegirls said...

almost.. but not quite in this hot hot weather!

The dress is absolutely adorable. Henry Glass's simply sweet line is one of my favorites right now.

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Oh that is so cute! I am working with THE EXACT SAME fabrics right now! In fact I was going to put white ric rack in the neck and arms of the bodice but didn't when I realized I would have to figure that all out with the 5/8 seam allowance.
We are on the same track!
I really love what you made I will have to show it to my daughter. Darling indeed!

Laurie said...

Way too cute! Too bad you can't have the pattern available when you show us those fabulous dresses. The spontaneous shopper would be helpless.

Any idea when the Phoenix kits will be available?

Goosegirl said...

Oh Dawn, I know I say this every time, but I think this one HAS to be my favorite! I love those fabrics so much and the apron is adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin