Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!!!

Just a quick little "hi" to let you know I am still here and haven't fallen off the face of the earth. This week has been filled with all kinds of stuff. I have been working on my patterns and moving my sewing room up into the loft. Phew, what a job that was! Thankfully I had three little boys who were very anxious to help their mama lug all that stuff upstairs. I did a lot of purging and packed away 7 huge boxes of fabric all of which were smaller pieces and I am saving them for someday when I get back into quilting. Currently my loft is a disaster and anxiously awaiting new furniture which I will be getting today. The boys and I are schlepping up to DC to go to Ikea and of course that also means a trip to the Lego store! We have our shopping list made and will be heading out bright and early for the 2 hour drive. Abby is going to have a special day at home with her Papi. They have big plans for doing a few home improvement projects.

I also put my dining room back together and I must say it looks so pretty, I didn't realize how much I missed it until I had it all back together again. Plus, I had to do some other furniture rearranging to make everything work. Of course while I was at it I cleaned out our master closet which was packed to the max with all kinds of trash and treasures. Amazing what we keep isn't it? Then while I was at it I brought out all of my Fall decorations and the house looks so pretty. I have a few new projects in mind to spice things up a bit more but first to get my loft into shape.

My new sewing space is going to be great. I am so excited and now that it's starting to take shape I can't wait to pull it all together. Don't worry, I will post pictures once it's done! But currently it's just a mess. Okay, I need to get a few things done before we head off to Ikea. Wish me luck. Oh, how I do love Ikea. I was so excited about going today I couldn't sleep tonight...whenever I go there I am like a kid in a candy shop. I am so excited to see what treasures I'll find.

Dawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin