"The destiny of nations lies far more in the hands of women, the mothers, than in the possessors of power, or those of innovators who for the most part do not understand themselves. We must cultivate women, who are the educators of the human race, else the new generation cannot accomplish its task."

~ Friedrich Froebel

Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dream Design...






Literally!!! This is what I saw in my dream last night...exactly! Pretty good dream..Huh? I woke up at 3am after having that dream and instantly went to my sewing room and started creating. No pattern, nothing...I just started cutting and sewing. I used up lots of antique lace and ribbon given to me from my grandmother. I absolutely love it all, but the hat is TDF....I honestly have no idea how I did it as I was just on a mission and I LOVE how it turned out. Believe it or not I was completely out of cream cotton so I scrounged around in the linen closet an found an old futon cover and used that. Of course there was tons of it so I made the hat out of that too. I even made a rose out of leftover scraps from the lavender linen to dress up the hat...talk about using every last little bit of fabric. The dress is a fuller version of your classic drop waist dress and I dressed it up with the antique lace and 6 little pearl buttons down the back. Then of course I couldn't resist I had to make her some fun pantaloons to go with it too.

Pretty good for 6 hours of work... I hope I have another amazing dream like that again soon. It was so much fun to bring it to life from my dream.

14 comments:

Kymy said...

I have got to say, that was one very awesome dream!!!

Goosegirl said...

Dawn, this is truly gorgeous! I love all the lace and the beautiful shape of this outfit. And yes, the hat is TDF!!!

Melissa said...

I love this outfit...reminds me of many movies I've watched with young girls wearing hats like that. My favorite pose is in photo #2. Love the hat. Great job.

Sharon said...

Now THAT is some serious talent! Dream it, wake up and do it?!? It is SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You need to do a pattern for that hat!!! It IS TDF!!!

Karen said...

You amaze me Dawn.

Dawn said...

Thanks so much mamas!!! Okay, after reading the comments and receiving a lot of emails about it. I will add the hat to my line-up of patterns. Wow...who knew that hat would be such a hit!

Stacy said...

What an adorable outfit! I love how you got up at 3am to sew it from your dream. You have much more energy than I have!

little dresses said...

She looks lie the "Little Princess", you know the old movie?! So sweet Dawn! Good job!

xoxo,
Sam

April said...

That is so pretty, Dawn - and I must say, you are a SPEED SEWER! :)

Anonymous said...

OOOOOO, I LOVE that whole outfit!!! It is beyond adorable!Dawn, when we finally meet for our shopping day you HAVE to bring Abby! You know I have NO grandchildren! And I have to say that I have had similar dreams and sometimes similar results but sadly, not always.
from Sparkle, aka BarbaraO

Heather/frogsnladybugs said...

gorgeous dawn! so classic :)

Jennifer said...

The most beautiful outfit I have every laid eyes on. YOu have got to pattern this one out. I so want this one. Especially the hat. OMG. You are amazing.

crystal_crtr2 said...

I too create items that I dream about. Some of my best things come from my dreams and my day dreams. Great job on the dress.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin