Sunday, May 17, 2009

Going Green and Sewing Green




I was checking up on some of my favorite blogs this morning and saw the cutest idea. Making your own Veggie bags to use at the supermarket/farmers market. The original idea came from a book from Betz White called Sewing Green: 25 Projects Made With Repurposed & Organic materials I cannot wait to get my hands on this book. I'm going to put it on my Amazon wish list right away. We have already switched over to using canvas totes to put all of our groceries in but now these will be the perfect Green addition. I used an old futon cover to make these and I have plenty of fabric left over to make a lot more. I'm also planning to make some fabric bags to keep my bread in. The least amount of plastic the better.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin