Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Easter Preparations Begin

With the impending visit from Peter Cottontail just a few days away, I have been busy preparing, planning and decorating. Suddenly we have bunnies coming out of the woodwork, Easter garlands, decorated eggs, and much more. The kids are so excited and have already lined their Easter baskets up to make it easier on Mr. Cottontail. Each year we have our own family Easter Egg hunt which is always so much fun and the kids really look forward to it. I have been collecting little treasures and our favorite pastel sweets and of course chocolates to add to their baskets as well. I am still deciding on our Easter dinner menu but I am thinking we will probably do a traditional ham, potatoes and a few side dishes. Then something really special for dessert. I just haven't decided on what that will be yet. I just love preparing special holiday meals, even though it's a lot of work there is nothing quite like sitting down to the table as a family and enjoying a really special meal. I really want my children to look back on their childhood with so many special memories like I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin