Friday, March 6, 2009

She's "5"!!!!






Abby turned 5 this week, and in honor of her big day I decided to make her a special Birthday dress. I drafted the pattern myself and I think I really like the lines of it, although I am not really crazy about the fabrics I used this time, it's a little too "bubble gummy" for my taste, But it's Abby's day and she wanted something with cupcakes on it so I used Walmart fabrics to make my "muslin" and she really loves it. Hey, cupcakes and glitter...how can you go wrong? I am anxious to play around with this design some more using nicer fabrics and see what I can come up with.

4 comments:

FrontierDreams said...

oh my!! happy birthday!! i lvoe that design! so cute!!!!! im a sucker for twirly lines :)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful Abby!! As always, the dress is stunning :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Abby! What a perfect twirling dress! Philippa would love it.
Hope you had a great day celebrating.

ezeldabeth said...

i love the way that dress hangs, so elegantly girly...and the twirl factor is fabulous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin