Sunday, March 8, 2009

Abby's Birthday Cake




Today we are having Abby's Birthday celebration! We only do family parties at our house because with the 6 of us we are a party in ourself. This year we decided on a cupcake & Butterfly theme so I decided to have a little fun with her cake and get creative. The butterflies were super simple. The wings are made from white chocolate covered pretzels. I dipped them in royal icing and then sprinkled them with colored super fine sugar to make them sparkle!!! You gently angle them in the frosting to make them appear like wings leaving a small space in between for the body. I used a pastel peanut M&M for the head, thin black licorice for the antenne, and I piped frosting down the center for the body. For a little more fun I found some really cute over-sized polka-dot sprinkles from Wilton to add for a bit more color and whimsy! Whaa Laa Butterfly cupcakes!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin