Sunday, September 28, 2014

An Introduction and a Great Story!





Introducing Little Miss Pollyanna. . .  the newest member of our little family here in the studio. She is just as precious as can be and totally adorable. Now for the wonderful story, and it's a bit long so you might want to grab a tea before you sit down to read this one....

Remember a few years ago when I held the sewing contests here on my blog? Well, if you remember I had two of them one was using my "Olivia" pattern and the other was a Halloween Costume contest and both were so much fun. I received dozens of entries for both of them and had so much fun. It was during both of these contests when I discovered an amazingly talented lady named Debbie who's sewing truly left me speechless. It was beyond beautiful! I discovered that she owned her own business sewing up custom couture clothing for little girls and I knew she was extremely special and very talented.

Well, a few weeks ago I received a lovely email from her to say "Hi" and say how funny it was that I had decided to start sewing doll clothing and I was using Waldorf dolls as my models because she too had left the world of sewing for little girls and was now a doll artist making the very type of doll that I love and was using for my model. Needless to say, from there things started happening very quickly. We both put on our thinking caps and came up with a wonderful idea, or at least we think it's pretty stinkin' great. Debbie had recently designed these adorable little baby dolls and she has been bombarded with requests for them and each time she puts them up for sale in her shop they sell out within minutes. She admitted to me that she was so in love with the process of making the dolls that she was finding it difficult to make time to sew up their little clothing. We came up with a plan that I would attempt to design a line of baby clothing for her dolls. Debbie specifically made little Miss Pollyanna for me to use as my model and she just arrived yesterday. I cannot tell you how much fun I have been having with this little one. I was up bright and early this morning and in my studio working on a few ideas.... here are the two new outfits I have come up with already today . . . both have matching diapers and bloomers as well. Expect to see a lot more of Miss Pollyanna.





Here's a link to Debbie's Facebook page if you would like to see more of her beautiful work!


Dawn

2 comments:

gibbygoo56 said...

Just beautiful. Your attention to detail is amazing. I love how you put these elements together in such a gorgeous way. Your choice of fabrics.... magnificent! I'll take one of EVERYTHING please!

Laurie said...

Sew Dawn Sew! Beautiful as always.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin