Thursday, July 10, 2014

Little Stitches




This summer has proven to be an interesting one, and not at all the way I had planned it or had hoped for.  I had so many grand plans for so many things and very few of them have actually happened. It all began at the end of April when I developed this crazy insane headache that just wouldn't go away. For weeks I suffered with it and I spent far too many hours in dr.'s offices trying to find out the reason for it and after lots of "fun" tests they couldn't find a thing. I just kept hearing "you are the picture of health" I thought???? "Okay then, why do I feel like I have an axe in my head?" The headache was joined by several other interesting symptoms and finally on Memorial Day weekend I couldn't take it any longer and found myself in the hospital for several days. . . most of which, I will add that I don't remember because they had me on some pretty intense drugs which rendered me unconscious for days. In the end they found nothing and sent me home with a plethora of drugs which btw I refused to take because they scared me to death. Finally, I diagnosed myself and started seeing my new best friend, my chiropractor!  Apparently, I zigged when I should have zagged without realizing it and completely threw my spine out of whack and that what's was causing the unbearable headache and the other symptoms as well. Needless to say it's been a very long couple of months and finally I am beginning to feel better. I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to be almost pain free and human again, although, I will say that this entire experience has really taken it's toll on me and I am afraid it's going to be quite a while before I am completely back to myself. Blah, blah, blah...anyway the entire point of this post was to share some recent sewing I have done. I finally got back into my studio and decided to play around with a few ideas. This time my model is much smaller, but guaranteed not to grow up on me. I went up into Abby's bedroom and grabbed one of the Waldorf dolls I made for her a few years ago and had fun designing some new duds for her in full Olabelhe style. Little dresses, petticoats, pinafores and pantaloons and of course we can't forget the hat! I can't tell you how much fun I am having, and it feels so good to be making pretty things again.

Dawn

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Dawn, this is adorable, and if you ever make the pattern available PLEASE let me know! I would love to make something similar for my nieces!

Ronda said...

Dawn so sorry to hear about your head aches they can be so debilitating. I am so glad you are finally finding rest and a solution. Your sewing machine and family will be humming again!!!! Love the Doll clothes!

Colleen said...

Glad you are beginning to feel better.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin