Monday, July 1, 2013

Wow, Where Did The Time Go?


I can hardly believe it's been two weeks since I posted last. We have all just been so busy with Summertime activities and such that I completely lost track of time. Our house has been a flurry of activity with school, projects for both kids and grown ups alike, and life in general. I have been sewing up a storm and have a big pile of things to show you but sadly mother nature hasn't been cooperating and we have just had so much rain lately photo shoots have been kind of out of the question. I have been busy working on Olabelhe 2 and sizing up some of my classic designs and creating some new ideas for the t'weens as well. Let me tell you it's not easy. There is a lot of criteria that these pieces have to meet and it's honestly a real challenge for me, but I am really enjoying it and I can't wait to show you some of the things I have come up with. One of which I just love!

This afternoon I decided to work on "Abby's Attic"a new feature at Olabelhe where I will be attempting to sell some of the gazillions of dresses, skirts, top, and outfits that I have made as samples over the past 6 years! If you could only see the mountains of stuff you would be shocked. . .it's rather embarrassing to be honest. There are enough dresses to cloth the entire population of a small county! Well, not really but it kinda looks that way. Anyway, I went digging and grabbed a random box and started pulling out one thing at a time and went on a little walk down memory lane. This box is just filled with things that Abby wore when she was about 4-5 and as I held up each one I got a little misty- eyed as I remembered when she wore it. . . It's okay, I'm alright. If your a mom you understand these moments. Anyway, I have started listing them in "Abby's Attic" and you can read all about it there. Just remember these are all one-of-a-kind pieces that cannot be reproduced once they are gone, that's it! Here are the items I put in the Attic today! Happy Shopping . . .




Dawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin