Sunday, November 4, 2012

More Of Charlotte











I just wanted to share a few more photos of "Charlotte" with you before I release the pattern early this week. I adore this dress and I know you will too. So pretty and feminine without being too fussy with layers and layers of ruffles. With Abby growing up, she is wanting more sophisticated styles and so I designed this with that in mind. I can see this dress being perfect for so many occasions and it works with cottons as well as other fabrics and this is a perfect example of that. I went to JA with a coupon in hand and headed for the "Special Occasion" fabrics. I have to admit I usually avoid that section of the store completely. But I wanted to show you how pretty this dress can be done in "the slippery stuff". I found this gorgeous icy aqua and silvery gray and I loved the combo. Oh, here's a funny little hint. I actually liked the "wrong side" of the fabric more that the "right side" so I used the wrong side instead. It looks a lot more like silk dupioni that the other side, which honestly was a little too glittery for my taste. Not to mention it was the perfect colors to go with Abby's fur wrap. This dress would be amazing for the holidays and if you are concerned about your little one being warm enough you could also pair this up with my "Madison's Jacket" for a great outfit! I will be debuting my special "Holiday version" of "Charlotte" this week as well when I release the pattern and wait till you see that one! But until then I hope you enjoy looking at these photos of this new design.

Dawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin