Monday, August 29, 2011

Checking In

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for our safety during the storm. Sadly, we did loose power minutes after I posted last and we had a pretty miserable night with four very stressed little kids. We made the decision early yesterday morning to leave and head for greener pastures until they are able to restore everyone's power. We have had experience with this before and after hurricane Isabelle several years ago we had no power for almost a week. This storm was worse in some ways because the damage was more widespread and basically the entire eastern half of VA is without power. As are many other states up the east coast. So, we decided to pack up the kids and go on a vacation. Currently, I am in a lovely hotel room in South Carolina with my babes sleeping comfortably beside me. Thank goodness for my iPad and WiFi. We are on our way to Florida to spend the week relaxing by the pool at one of our favorite resorts and making the best of a bad situation. Hey, when life hands you lemons ... Make lemonade, and that's just what we are doing! For those of you who are waiting on orders I will ship them out as soon as I get back. I'm sure not much is going to be open this week anyway including the post office. I will try to check in again and if you need to reach me email me. My very geeky husband even decided to bring our server with us so we could still continue to stay connected to the world.

Hugs!
Dawn

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm so glad to hear the worst that had happened was being out of power. Enjoy your vacation and hope to hear from you soon.

shayshap said...

Good plans, enjoy your vacation! kathy

TerriSue said...

thank you so much for the update. after the last one i had been wonderinghow you were doing. my sister-in-law has been visiting my mother-in law in the twin cities. she lives in nyc. she was supposed to leave on saturday but of course her flight was cancelled. she has another flight scheduled for tomorrow. happy ending. she missed the earth quake and irene and got an extended time with mom. here in texas it is just intolerable heat day after day well over 100 degrees. i'm sorry about your sewing retreat. i know how much you were looking forward to that.

Gail said...

So glad to hear that you and your family are safe. Hurricanes can be miserable and here in Florida we have plenty of them.
Enjoy your vacation!
Gail

Karen said...

Please tell him thank you for bringing the server :) Glad you're doing ok (hug)

Alicia P. said...

Oh my goodness -- I am so glad to hear you are all okay and sheltered. Phew. Take care! xoxoxox, a

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin