Friday, June 3, 2011

DIY Project

A few weeks ago I saw the cutest idea when I was poking around on-line and I couldn't wait to put it to use. I made this clever pocket organizer for my sewing room out of two old bulletin boards some fabric, ribbon and a curtain rod which I picked up at Target. Ole had recently installed the shelves I bought at Ikea weeks ago because I finally got around to building them....then I threaded the curtain rod through the brackets and hung the bulletin boards from the rod. Making the boards was easy...I cut a piece of fabric a few inches larger all the way around the board made the pockets from another print and sewed them into place and then positioned everything just right, flipped it over and duct taped the heck out of it to secure everything in place then added the ribbon to the top using little nails....then simply tied them into place and voila .... Now, I have a place to put all kinds of treasures close to my sewing machines. Just think what a great place this would be to store pattern pieces, You could put them into folders and tuck them into the pockets to keep them tidy and close at hand...Here's a photo of the original one I saw... Seriously how clever is this????

I've also been busy this week working on a special surprise for you...and no, it's not a new pattern. It's something completely different and so much fun, I've been having an absolute blast working on it and can't wait to show you, but I need to finish a few more little things before I debut the surprise....



All Things Beautiful said...

I love it! It is so lovely and fresh.

Carol D said...

What a lovely and useful idea, and so neat and tidy.

Hugs Carol x

Laurie said...

Hmmm... if it isn't a new pattern, maybe you have completed one of the old ones. Or you a going to have a give away in honor of your SB publishing. Or you have redecorated another part of your house.

Your just a busy woman!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin