Friday, February 18, 2011

Sabrina Fair....



... Listen where thou art sitting
Under the glassy, cool, translucent wave,
In twisted braids of lilies knitting,
The loose train of thy amber-dropping hair;
Listen for dear honour's sake,
Goddess of the silver lake,
Listen and save.


                                                       ~ From Sabrina Fair by John Milton


It's been quite a week! I won't bore you with the details but let's just say I'm learning a lot about the printing business. Needless to say it's been a bit of a roller coaster ride. So this morning I wanted to relax and do what I do best to take my mind of things for a while. I decided to make a "Sabrina" because well, I just really love this dress and it's been a while since I have made one and it sounded good. There's nothing quite like classic simplicity and elegance to make my heart swoon and to cure stress. Now, if only Abby would have been a bit more cooperative during our little backyard photo shoot it would have been perfect. But in true Abby style all she wanted to do was dance around and chat my ear off and getting her to stand still for two seconds proved to be quite a job. Not to mention, I had to keep reminding her to keep her mouth shut, not only so I could concentrate but because no one wants to see all those missing teeth. Poor thing, she is currently missing 4 of her front teeth and I am counting the minutes until the new ones decide to make their appearance. Almost 7 is such a hard age, and she's really feeling it. She's getting so tall and a lot of those "little girly" things about her are starting to fade away. 

Have a great weekend!

Dawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin