Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Little Einsteins








Today the kids and I had an absolute blast creating our own homemade catapults using a few simple items...paint sticks, paper cups, ping pong balls, wooden blocks and good ole' duct tape. We have just started a new unit study on inventors and inventions and they are eating it up...no big surprise there, with their dad being and experimental nuclear physicist we were just bound to have one or two that just loved math/science. We talked about simple machines and they were all just mesmerized...even Henry was completely into it. Our first catapults were very basic but then after some further thought we devised a way to improve upon our first model and make it better. We conducted several experiments, took data and had lots of laughs. Afterwards, we read about Leonardo DaVinci and the boys were absolutely speechless and wanted to know more. I can't tell you how much I love that they are so curious and excited about learning, plus can I tell you how much fun it is that every day is pajama day at our school!!!

Dawn

2 comments:

Rebecca Ann said...

that must have been so much fun! Yes homeschooling is so the way to go! You can be comfortable and learn lots! loved seeing your homeschooling in action!

In Christ,
Rebecca

GAGirl said...

Dawn,
I just looked at your pattern this morning and I am so excited about all of the new patterns coming Spring/Summer 2011. The pantaloons and bloomers are 2 that I have been anxiously awaiting. The peasant top, trousers, apron, etc. are all beautiful and are must haves. I know that my sewing machine and I will be very busy this year. Thank you for your wonderful patterns. Love them all.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin