Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back from Market!



I'm still re-couping from the big adventure to Minneapolis. OMG we had sooooo much fun! Market was amazing. On friday we got there shortly after the doors opened and we started at one end and made our way to the other end. Sadly, Terri wasn't able to make it because of a death in her family so I kicked into "buyer" mode and went with a mission to find amazing fabrics for the shop. I spoke to reps and got to see all the amazing new fabrics that are going to be coming out this fall. It was so much fun to see a sneak peek   of all the great stuff that will be coming out. We also got to meet a lot of great designers and had fun chatting with them Liesl Gibson from Oliver+S was so sweet as was Amy Butler, and Anna Maria Horner. It was also great fun to finally meet up with Patty Young and Sandi Henderson who were also super nice! My dresses were a huge hit at the Art Gallery booth and I have already received several emails about them. Once they are back home they will be heading off to some shops in a trunk show. We walked and walked and talked and talked but at the end of the day the best part of all was being with Sam!!! She is the sweetest person and I just love her to death and miss her like crazy. We had so much fun being roommates and we did exactly as we had talked about by staying up until the wee hours and being silly, eating junk food and giggling like school girls. I miss you Sam!!!

I also got to meet up with one of my best friends, Kirstin, who I haven't seen in forever. In fact the last time we saw each other was when I was 7 months pg with Oliver....so that was 11 years ago!!! It was so amazing to see her after so many years. She just happened to be visiting her sister in Minneapolis at the exact same time as we were there. So we reminisced and laughed as if we had just been together the week earlier...isn't great when you can do that??? That's what great friends are all about even after 10+ years there was not an ounce of weirdness.  I took a bunch of pictures and I will share those later, but I just wanted to give you a mini report on all the fun!

Dawn

2 comments:

organicmommy said...

I can't wait to see the pictures, Did you get the email I sent to you?

Cathy said...

Oh how exciting...anxiously waiting for more!!!! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin