Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gearing Up For Turkey Day!



The other day I disassembled Halloween and started bringing out all of our Thanksgiving finery. Each and every year I am adding to our holiday decorations to make the season that much more special. Last year I created an adorable stuffed turkey named "Tom" as some of you may remember and I also made leaf garlands. I have been busy thinking what might be fun to add this year to our Thanksgiving decor and I knew I wanted to do something with Pilgrims and Native Americans, but I wasn't sure how I was going to pull that one off. Then I started browsing Etsy, which as I'm sure you all know is a very dangerous place to go looking and I found an artist who created the most adorable little people. Geoffery and Elizabeth are the perfect Pilgrim couple and then there are Ahote and Talasi the Native American couple. Needless to say I bought all 4! Now, I need to put in a call to a friend to see if I can commission him to create a rustic table and benches for them and then I am going to create a feast for our new friends out of polymer clay. The kids are going to be so excited about this and what a great homeschooling lesson to teach them about the first Thanksgiving.

Dawn

2 comments:

Annette said...

How cute they are! I love Etsy and shopping there...it's amazing what you can find!

Karen said...

You never stop amazing me Dawn! Your kids are blessed to have you as their mom. I'm way boring.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin