Sunday, August 16, 2009

Getting Ready For My Sewing Retreat




I was invited by a local sewing group to join them for their 11th annual sewing retreat in Blackstone VA this coming weekend. Of course, you know me, any opportunity to sew and I will be there. It sounds like "sew much fun" a great bunch of ladies stitching away, sharing stories, laughing and the hum of sewing machines. Sounds like heaven to me. I have been busy planning which projects I want to bring with me and organizing all the things that each project requires...fabrics, threads, buttons, trims, etc.etc. I have to bring everything I need because Blackstone is a cute little town in the middle of nowhere in VA. Far away from any fabric shops! Not to mention, I have to bring my machines and everything else one needs for sewing.

I've been doing a little research on Blackstone this morning, because I have never been there before and it's always nice to find out a little about someplace new before you go there. It has a really interesting history dating back to the Revolutionary War and it even played a part in the Civil War for all you History buffs. It appears to be quite charming and I can't wait to explore it a little after the retreat. Maybe I will stumble upon a great antique shop or two. You just never know what you might find.

I leave in the wee hours Friday morning to arrive there at 8 am for check in. Then time to settle in and get sewing! I really hope I will be able to get a lot accomplished but with all the socializing going on you just never know. I am so looking forward to this little get away. I am sure it will be a blast!

Dawn

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to be able to join you! Lucky girl!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin