Monday, June 1, 2009

I Did It!!! I Finally Did It!!!!






I cut into my "Elfie". I had been searching and searching for this fabric for months on-line and it was always sold out!!! Ugh, so frustrating. Well, I finally managed to find some and as I "added to cart" I was so excited, but shocked that I was spending so much on fabric. This is honestly the most expensive stuff I have ever purchased. But it was imported from Germany and it's so stinkin cute I couldn't resist! Needless to say, It's been sitting in my stash for over a year and yesterday evening I finally cut into it. Now, for all of you mamas who are crazy about fabric (like I am) when you have a treasured HTF piece, it's often very hard to cut into it. But I did it, and here are the results. I made a sweet little halter dress with the "Elfie" and then a pair of ruffle capri's and a little peasant top to go underneath....Abby was exstatic with the results and couldn't wait to model it this afternoon.

6 comments:

Vintage Chicken said...

Oh my goodness... that is just too stinkin' cute!

I love that fabric - you are a very brave mamma to cut into such a HTF stash!

LOVE the dress!
Abby's looks are really changing - she's growing into such a lovely young lady and loosing the 'baby' girl look. Ya' Know?

MaryAnne said...

This outfit is adorable, and it shows off the fabric beautifully.

Abby's new haircut is so cute, too!

Beth said...

Absolutely adorable!! What a darling dress. I'm sure you fussed a lot to get that front centered so beautifully.

Goosegirl said...

Dawn, this little dress is so perfect! I love the fairy right in front. And Abby's new haircut is so pretty and fresh.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! (Both the dress and Abby, of course!)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Beautiful dress, love the fabric! I have the "Tillbrook Collection" from Alexander Henry.. I have had for almost a year now, I just can't cut it! I see it everyday, it's so pretty...but nope, not today. Guess I'm waiting for that perfect pattern..haha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin