Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Little Sunday Morning Modern Art






Abby, Henry and I were all up extra early this morning so I decided to do a fun and easy art project with them to help keep them quiet so that Ole and the boys could sleep in. Ah, the magic of a blank sheet of paper and some coloring device, markers, crayons, paints, colored pencils, chalk whatever you choose. Today we decided to work with markers as they are easy for Henry's little hands and minimal mess will be made. I used permanent black marker and made all kinds of swirls, circles and curly-Q's all over the paper and then showed them how to color in all the enclosed spaces to create what looks like a beautiful piece of modern art. I couldn't help myself and I made a few too. Abby was a great help in helping me choose which colors should go where. She has quite a flair for these things. I sense a budding artist within her. Henry was just happy to do a little more "free-style" art. We had so much fun and lots of laughs as we created. When Ole woke up we had already finished and we had a small art gallery set up with all of our masterpieces on display.

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I've seen this idea on a few blogs recently, maybe I'll try it with my kids soon.

I love your new header!

Dawn said...

Thanks so much MaryAnne...I took the pictures in my new header last year at our Farmer's Market. I can't wait to take the kids back their this summer. So many fun things to see and bring home!

Yup. I saw the idea on another blog too!

Stephanie said...

Oh I used to do that all the time to relax. I'm so glad you reminded me of it.

April said...

I love Abby's little tongue sticking out... a TRUE sign of an artist indeed!

Shah Sazib said...

Wonder!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin