Thursday, May 7, 2009

Doesn't this sound De-Lish???


I was busy blog-surfing this morning and found my way to so many new and interesting places. Then I stumbled upon this great blog and she was sharing what looks like an amazing recipe. I am always on the lookout for new things to try and this one has me intrigued. So when I go to the grocery store this weekend I will have to pick up the necessary ingredients and give it a try. I am sure I will have no shortage of anxious little testers who will be willing to sample this one. I promise to get back to you when the votes are in to give you a review.

The Results Are In ~

I made the cake this afternoon and we had it tonight for dessert. The votes are in! It actually had mixed reviews. I found it to be way too sweet and so did Oliver. Everyone else seemed to like it, but they all said it was not their favorite cake I had ever made. That's still the banana cake that we all love so much! While I wouldn't consider this a disaster, I am not sure I will ever make it again.

Strawberry Coconut Cake Recipe~

Ingredients

Cake:
1 1/2 boxes of white cake mix
5 eggs
2 cups water
3/4 cup oil
1/2 box of strawberry jello (3 oz. box)
1/2 cup of chopped strawberries
Icing:
16 oz sour cream
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 box of strawberry jello (3 oz. box)
7 oz bag of sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup of chopped strawberries
1 (8 oz) carton of cool whip thawed

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients for cake with an electric mixer. Pour into 3 (8 or 9 inch) round baking pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Place in preheated oven and bake for 22 minutes. Let cake cool completely before icing.
Mix all ingredients for the icing, excluding the cool whip. Place one layer of cake on a platter and cover the top with 1/3 of the coconut mixture. Add the second layer and cover that layer with another 1/3 of the mixture. Take the remaining 1/3 mixture and add the 8 oz carton of cool whip. Add the 3rd layer and cover the entire cake with your cool whip mixture. Garnish with strawberries.


2 comments:

Goosegirl said...

This looks super yummy and summery!

Karen said...

YUM!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin