Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Best Ever Carrot Cake Recipe


My carrot cake is in the oven and while it's baking I thought I would share my recipe with you. This recipe was given to me by a wonderful friend a long time ago. After I tasted hers, I just had to have the recipe and it's been a favorite in our house for years.

2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained

Cream sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl mix flour, spices, salt and baking soda, be sure that it is mixed well. Add to wet mixture. Mix in grated carrot, raisins, pecans and pineapple. Mix until everything is blended. Pour batter into greased and floured baking pans and bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes. Cool and frost with cream cheese icing

Cream Cheese Icing

1 8oz. pkg of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 lb. confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together butter and cream cheese, gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy and of spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla.

For a special touch I also cover the sides with finely chopped pecans and make carrots from Royal icing. You really have to give this recipe a try. However, if you are counting calories be sure to cut yourself a VERY thin slice. Happy Easter!~

Dawn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I think I gained five pounds just looking at the pictures. LOL!

Elizabeth said...

THAT is a LOVELY cake! and thanks for sharing the recipe! i WILL be trying it out!

i also love your new blog layout! very simple and pretty!

Dawn said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments as always. The cake was TDF!!! We still have a ton left and I am "sugared-out" after all the Easter treats.

Elizabeth...thanks so much about the Bloggy layout. I really love it to. Sometimes simple really is best!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin