Saturday, October 11, 2008

Experimenting with Hand Embroidery


I have been wanting to add some new dimension to my sewing projects lately. So, I thought it would be fun to experiment with hand embroidery. When I was at my favorite quilt shop in Richmond, "Quilting Adventures" I spotted this wonderful book called "Sublime Stitching" by Jenny Hart. It's such a great book and it has tons of really sweet iron-on transfers to use to create wonderful projects. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who might be interested in playing with hand embroidery.

While I was at QA I also found this adorable reproduction print with Scotty dogs. In Jenny's book there just happened to be the perfect transfer, so I stitched it out today and I know exactly what I am going to do with it. So, be on the look out for it in an upcoming post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to see how you put it all together! I have the SS book and love it.

Dawn said...

Why am I not surprised that you have that book too??? Mary, we really are two peas in a pod!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin