Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yum


Just for fun I decided to surprise the kids this morning with some of my homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies. After years and years of trying to find the perfect recipe and lots of trial and error I have finally perfected my recipe. Henry was my helper this morning and happily sat up on the counter and watched me add ingredient after ingredient and watch the paddle on my ever faithful Kitchen Aid spin around and turn it into dough. He was completely fascinated! Even though he is a man of very few words, "cookie" is one word he can say! After I scooped each spoonful onto the baking sheet I put them in the oven to bake. Henry camped out right in front of the oven and watched them. I have to say the smell of cookies baking is intoxicating. One by one the other kids, who were happily upstairs playing, caught the aroma and came rushing down the stairs with wide eyes and open hands. Abby devoured her cookie and then looked up with her face covered in chocolate and said "You Rock Mommy!". Isn't it amazing how something as simple as a cookie can make your day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin