Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vintage Treasures


Like most sewing enthusiasts I really adore vintage sewing machines. I am fascinated by the mechanics and I love looking at all the different styles. I have a dear friend who collects vintage sewing machines and I love to hear about her "finds". She gets most of them at thrift stores and through people wanting to get rid of them through on line classifieds. She brings them home and meticulously cleans and repairs them and brings them back to life. Sadly, I only have one vintage sewing machine...but this one is special. It was my moms when she was a little girl and she used to make her dolls dresses using this little gem. I can't even imagine. I am so spoiled with my fancy shmancy machine, I wouldn't even want to think about what using this would be like. Yet, it's proudly displayed in my studio as a reminder of the generations of Sewing Mama's in my family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin