Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Buttons


I love buttons! There is just something about them. They come in all shapes and sizes, and in every color imaginable. I have mine all sorted in vintage mason jars. Vintage bakelite, fabric covered, novelty, shell, wood, ceramic and your basic garden variety type. They are Abby's favorite thing to play with in my sewing room. She will sit on the floor in my studio and dump out one color at a time and sort them. Big, small, hearts, flowers, bugs, and on and on. She loves to study them and look for "hidden treasures". I know exactly how she feels. They are little treasures and it's so much fun to use them in my sewing. Whether it's for a closure or for a fun embellishment they can add so much to a piece. I am always on the hunt for interesting buttons and whenever I am out fabric shopping they always seem to find their way into my basket.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin