Monday, February 4, 2013

More Clothes For Kirsten






I've been really busy stitching up new outfits for Miss Kirsten. Yes, a few of them are not exactly what I would call "Kirsten-esque" type outfits . . . but Abby just loves them. I, on the other hand want to make things for her that are authentically Scandinavian. I took my inspiration from looking though my books filled with illustrations from one of my favorite artists, Carl Larsson. I love the colors in his paintings deep dark blues and greens mixed with tomato reds and soft yellows and whites. This outfit has many individual pieces the petticoat, blouse, skirt, pinafore and the little cap. I designed everything and took ideas from some of my Olabelhe patterns and shrunk them down to doll size. I still have to add the closures to the back of the pinafore, as you can see there is still a small pin. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying this new found passion. Plus, my model is much more cooperative! 

Sorry the photos aren't the best, but the sun was going down so I had to use artificial light and I am not at all good with photos with indoor lighting. 

Hmmmmmm. . . what shall I make her next?

Dawn

6 comments:

Bethany Lynn said...

Absolutely adorable!

barb said...

I love it. Looking for dolls now.

Sona said...

These are absolutely fab. You should do doll clothing patterns. :-)

Ronda said...

too cute!

Unknown said...

I love it!!! I agree...you should do doll clothing patterns!!!

grandmarockton said...

I want to be your daughter, Too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin