Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Caroline's Turn





This morning Abby came into my sewing room and said, "Mommy, don't you think Kirsten has enough clothes? Maybe you should try making something for Caroline today." Hmmmm, clever girl, she's absolutely right, Kirsten now has a trunk full of clothes and it was time to move on. So, I said "Go get Caroline and I will see what I can come up with." I have to admit that Caroline's time period is one of my favorites when it comes to fashion. Being a die-hard Jane Austen fan having a doll from that era is going to be pure pleasure when it comes to designing clothes for her. I adore the empire waist line, pretty puffed sleeves, Spencer jackets and oh, the best part of all those amazing bonnets. This is right up my alley. I started by designing this little bonnet which I really like and it's very easy to make. Unlike a lot of the other ones out there. Plus, it's so much fun to embellish. The perfect time to break out all those little ribbon roses and flowers that you bought wondering "What am I going to use these for?" Plus, pretty ribbons and lace...ah, pure heaven. The dress, like all Regency dresses has a very simple style but there is a lot of little details that are hard to see but they give it that special something that is right out of "Sense and Sensibility" or my personal favorite, "Pride and Prejudice".  I still have to make her a little Spencer jacket but that will have to wait until later. Maybe tonight when I am up at some crazy hour I will start designing one for Miss Caroline.

Dawn

4 comments:

barb said...

Beautiful. I am sewing pajamas today for our granddaughters dolls.

Laurie said...

What fun!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Love the dress and hat on Caroline. We are big Jane Austen fans as well, so I couldn't agree more with the love of these dresses. Yes, I do think you should design clothes for these dolls. What fun!

Rebecca Galla said...

I love this hat!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin