Monday, March 12, 2012

It's A Jungle Out There!








Before I say a single word about the outfit I just have to say one thing..."My Baby looks so grown-up in these pictures!!!"

Okay, so I decided to play around with "Olivia". Shorten the length add another skirt and add a band around the bottom of the skirt and just have fun with it. Abby picked out the fabrics from Allegro Fabrics, no big surprise . .  it has animals all over it! The polka dot print is a coordinate and the rick-rack print just happened to match perfectly and we got that one from FF&L. We paired it up with a simple pair of black leggings and it makes for a really fun outfit.

I just wanted to show you how much fun you can have with this pattern. I have to admit I am having a blast with it and I have had about 10 more ideas how to change it up to have so many different looks. You are only limited by your imagination. So, have fun and experiment with this pattern. I would love to see what you come up with. Hmmm, maybe I should have a contest? Let me think about that one and see if I can get some great sponsors and prizes together. I'll let you know.

Dawn

10 comments:

robin said...

i love the olivia dress but my grand-daughter is not in a 3 yet, more like an 18-24 month size. i have sent you a couple of emails about a couple of patterns that had not come out on your website and were listed as coming soon. one was pantaloons, but i don't see the pic of it anymore and i never got a response from my emails. i hope you decide to make the "coming soon" items into patterns. really wanted to make them for my Sophia.

ElizabethH said...

I really love this dress! I love it even more in this shortened version. It is just perfect with leggings and so wearable for everyday.

Ronda said...

Abby is stylin! She loves the outfit you can see it in her smile! This is a great dress!

Unknown said...

My Gracie is loving this dress!! She said it was the cutest thang ever!!! She is 6 and in a size 7 and we love all your patterns!! I haven't got this one yet but hope too in the next day or so!! I love the idea of a contest or something!! I love seeing other people's ideas!!! Gracie wants me to make one just like this one first she says!!! Love seeing your beautiful work!! Keep it coming!!!!!!

Cole's Corner said...

Love this dress!
I've never bought one of your patterns, but I really want this one! Super, super cute!

Jennifer said...

This is what I pictured when I commented on the other post asking about shortening the dress to shirt length! I LOVE it!!! Can't wait to try this pattern.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
craftmom said...

Would this dress work for a child who needs the 5 for length but wears a 4 body? Also, do you make or sell the bows that Abby wears? I love them!

Charmaine McLaughlin said...

Such a cute outfit! Feminine yet sassy!!!

Debbie B said...

Thanks so much for all the cute ideas and options for Olivia. I can't wait to get the copy I ordered on Monday! Talk about having me some fun in the sewing studio!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin