Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quilt Blocks



This morning I started on a new project.... a quilt! I haven't made a quilt in years, so I thought it would be a fun little project to work on. With all of the home improvement projects going on around here and our fresh new look I wanted to add a pretty new quilt. My inspiration for this entire re-do was inspired by Cath Kidston, a wonderful British designer with a fun and whimsical sense of style. Bright and cheerful colors with a playful use of florals and polkadots. Think Laura Ashley meets Mary Engelbreit. Who just happen to be two of my favorites. So, when I read about Cath Kidston and her style it was love at first sight. Plus, perfect for a house full of kids!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

We have big plans which include new furniture, new paint, and lots of fun touches and whimsy. So, here is the beginnings of what will soon be a cozy new quilt for chilly winter days to cuddle with by the fire with a great book, a bowl of popcorn and a steaming cup of cocoa. Stay tuned for more news and updates on more projects I'm working on.

Dawn

3 comments:

Kathy said...

oh that is all so fun! Can't wait to see pics of your redo.

Jan M said...

I have long loved Cath's design and products. It was a sad day when a local store carrying her items closed several years ago. Your quilt blocks are so cheerful! Cannot wait to see the finished project!

auntie said...

Love your colors. Reading your blog has given me the inspiration to branch out and try newer brighter fabrics and colors. Think I will start a new quilt too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin