Saturday, January 21, 2012

Little Stitches



We've been very busy with all of our home improvement projects, but we still have a long way to go before I can show off the big reveal. I have to say we are all loving all the changes...especially the kids! They are LOVING all the fun colors and whimsy. You just can't help but smile when you walk into this part of the house now. I was struggling a bit with what to put above our fireplace. prior we had a huge clock but it was very "grown up" and it just wasn't going to work. So, I came up with the idea of doing a wall hanging quilt of something really fun and unexpected. I had done a similar quilt a long time ago and it hung in our first place and we just loved it as did all of our guests. It was a great conversation piece. However, the colors in that one just wouldn't work with our new color scheme. Time to start digging in my stash and begin recreating the infamous chicken quilt. I have been busy working on it for the past week or so in the evenings. I'm in the final stages but it's slow going with all the blanket stitching that needs to outline all the details to make our funky chickens come to life. The kids are so anxious for me to finish so we can hang it in it's new home.

Dawn

3 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

barb said...

Makes me want to get up and do the chicken dance. Very cute!

Ronda said...

I love it! so much fun! we are under constrution in our home too. What a mess, but someday soon it will be beautiful (at least that is what I keep telling myself).lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin