Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ai~Chihuahua!





How cute is this one??? There is actually a really fun story that goes along with this outfit. This is one of the outfits I managed to put together on our very brief stay at our sewing retreat before it was cancelled because of the hurricane. Each year at the retreat they have a local quilt shop come in and she brings a small selection of items from her shop and she sets up a little shop so that we can go shopping. This year the ladies at the retreat posed a challenge for me. After seeing me work they wanted to know if I could just randomly "whip something up" without serious planning and with very few resources. Loved it! I went into see what fabric Kim had brought most of which were gorgeous, but bot necessarily my taste and then I saw the chihuahua print and I knew that was the one! She also had a fun hot pink micro leopard print and this stunning solid in shocking pink. I bought my yardage and then went back into our main sewing room to show the girls what I had purchased and they couldn't wait to see what I was going to make with it. Snip snip snip and then I sat down and started sewing. About 30 minutes later I dashed out to the local Walmart in town which is basically almost the only store where we were in the middle of no where Blackstone, VA and thankfully that one still has a small sewing dept. I found the perfect ribbons to go with my creation and then I went back to work. A few hours later this is what I made. The  ladies loved what I "Whipped Up" and I knew Abby was going to LOVE it too! Sadly, this one isn't a kit but you can purchase all the fabrics to make it at Allegro Fabrics, because when I sent Linda a photo of this she instantly ordered all the prints and added them to her shop and they just arrived this week! 

Dawn

1 comment:

barb said...

Sweet! The dress too:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin