Thursday, April 28, 2011

Calling Everyone!!!




Photos taken near Samantha's town


I just got off the phone with my dear friend Samantha (From The Handmade Dress) who lives in Alabama and she is okay,  but her community was completely devastated by the storms that ripped through Alabama yesterday. Sam said that she has seen her fair share of tornado damage in the years that she has lived there but it's nothing like this!!!  in her words she said "it looks like a bomb hit us". Her husband Ben spent the night trying to rescue their friends and neighbors and thankfully Sam and her children found safety at her mother-in-law's house and they are all shaken but physically okay.

This is one of those times when people need to pull together and do whatever they can to help those in need. I am going to get whatever I can together to somehow get to it to them so that Sam can get it to people who need it. Currently they don't even have a post office and getting supplies to them is going to take a huge effort but if anyone is interested in helping please email me and I will get an address of where you can send things, and currently they need everything...clothing, basic necessities like toothpaste and brushes, shampoo, diapers, etc.etc.

Her brother-in-law and his wife lost everything and are currently on their way to the hospital to have a baby. Sam called me from the car on the way to the hospital after she managed to get back to their house to gather up some of her new baby's outgrown clothing to take to them because currently they have nothing and I do mean nothing....

So, please please find it in your heart and in your cupboards and closets to gather things that someone else in desperate need can use and pack up a box. Samantha said her church is currently filled with families and friends who lost everything and they need help!!


For more info about our relief effort please email me at
Dawn@Olabelhe.com

I just spoke to Terri at Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops and she has come up with a wonderful idea to help our relief effort. From midnight tonight through Sunday 100% of the proceeds of E-patterns will go directly to Samantha's community. I am also going to match her and do the same with all of my patterns both E-books and paper patterns purchased on my site. So go shopping!!!

Dawn

2 comments:

Annette said...

Dawn, I absolutely want to help. Please let me know what I can do. I am praying for them but I know they need some tangible things also.
God love them all!
Annette

lumberman said...

what is the name of Samantha's town? Can you send me a mailing address. Do you think a box of baby things would be good?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin