Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sewing 101






This afternoon my three oldest asked me to teach them how to sew. Wow!!! I was so impressed. I jumped at the opportunity to give them their first lesson. We decided to start with something very very simple. The vote was unanimous, pillows for their Webkins! They each chose their favorite color felt and then we got started. They all watched carefully as I showed them how to do a basic stitch and then they were off. They all caught on quickly and only needed me to re-thread their needles when it was time. They were all so proud of themselves as they stitched, stuffed and finished their projects. I was bursting with pride too. They asked if I would teach them how to make clothes for their Webkins tomorrow and I told them they first needed to master some simpler things first!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin