Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Copy Cat, Copy Cat






Once in a while I see something that I just fall in love with. That is absolutely the case with this outfit. I received the Chasing Fireflies catalog a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with the outfit on the cover. Stunning!!! I loved every aspect of it except for the price, of course. But clever mama that i am thought..."Hmmm, I wonder if I can do "my version" of this outfit and get close to the gorgeous original. So yesterday I sat down to try to fulfill that vision. I spent the entire morning and the better part of the early afternoon creating and I must admit that I am pretty proud of my results. It's not perfect, but it's pretty doggone close.

I think I may re-do the little red jacket, it doesn't quite cut it, but for a first attempt it's not bad. The skirt is TDF. Sadly, the pictures didn't capture how close I really got to the original. I will say that took hours to re-create! then the little beret' completes the outfit.. So, stinkin' cute!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin