Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We're going "hoppin'"...sock hop that is...





OMG...I really love how this one turned out. There is a great story that goes with this fabulous poodle fabric. It was actually the fabric that my mom used to make curtains for my nursery some 43 years ago. She found it not too long ago and just knew I would have a blast with it. It's been sitting in my stash for a while and I haven't been able to decide what to do with it. Then last night when I couldn't sleep...again...it hit me!!! The 50's... a poodle skirt!!, Duh...I instantly hopped out of bed and started sewing because I was so excited. I added an adorable T-shirt with a pink "A" on it for Abby and then a fun black and white polka-dot sash and matching headband....sooooo cute! Abby even has a petticoat that she was wearing underneath to make it more authentic. Now I just need to find her some saddle shoes and it will be the perfect outfit.

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh! That is unbelievably adorable! And to think the fabric is just about from the right era. It's so cute...almost as cute as your little girl.
I hope you find those saddleshoes!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin