Sunday, June 10, 2012

All About School


This week has been all about school. As many of you know I am a home schooling mom of 4 kids in 4 different grades! This past week I devoted the entire week to our end of the year tests which are required in the state of Virginia. Not such a fun week but, we survived and I am very happy with how they all did. So, we now have a 1st grader, 3rd grader, 5th grader and a 7th grader. Which I'm finding very hard to believe. They are all growing up so fast and I can't believe Oliver is going into seventh grade and will become an official teenager is just a few more weeks. 


29th Annual Virginia Homeschool Convention logo


Yesterday, I attended the VA homeschool convention with some other homeschooling friends up in Richmond. So much fun and so much information to take in. I gathered lots of information and spoke to several people about new options for us for this upcoming school year. Up until now I have been preparing all of the kids lessons on my own and it's been pretty easy. However, this year I may just look for some help with a prepared curriculum. Especially for the older kids! I found several options that I really liked and now to compare them and decide which one or ones would work the best for my kids and their styles of learning. 

This afternoon we are off to a friends B'day party and this morning I am planning to do some baking. Then tomorrow I finally get to spend time in my new studio and get back to work. It's been too long! I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it and can't wait to start playing in my new "playroom". BTW I want to thank all of you who left comments, sent emails and called me to comment on my new sewing space. I am so looking forward to creating in there. 

Dawn

1 comment:

Jan said...

When my daughter went to high school, I decided to go with already prepared lessons. It freed up alot of my time. Some of the lessons did not even need any explanation and others like math, well, did. It was easier for her as well. She still got to move at her own pace.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin